Responsible for all aspects of project management related to the Remedial Construction Service Area. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager
Remedial Construction principle service areas include: soil excavation/removal; remediation system installation; demolition; facility decommissioning; clean construction; underground storage tank (UST) removal; and chemical mixing.
- Obtain/manage sufficient amount of work and resources to meet the established service area net revenue goal.
- Develop and maintain a base of repeat clients and maintain a working relationship with those clients.
- Identify leads for other EFS services areas and communicate leads to sales and/or management.
- Review, evaluate and respond to Requests for Proposals.
- Provide safe and profitable project execution.
- Help to establish and maintain a safe working environment in compliance with corporate H&S and Human Resource policies and practices.
- Supervise, train, and mentor team members.
- Understand and perform all tasks necessary to complete a project’s scope of work for remediation services.
- Establish scope of work, manage subcontractors, manage timeline and deadlines, schedule work, facilitate strong client communications and satisfaction, and ensure proper documentation.
- Supervise team member resources to achieve established objectives (client satisfaction, safety, profitability, etc.).
- Provide on-the-job training and develop employees that can successfully conduct the work independently to the client’s satisfaction.
- Create and maintain Vision Proposal and Project folders.
- Ensure compliance with project health and safety requirements.
- Procure and manage subcontractors, vendors, and material suppliers.
- Provide project submittals to include invoices, change orders, request for information, bonds, certificate of insurance, training documentation, inspection results, warranties, material data, test data, waste manifest, work plans etc.
- Maintain project cost tracking.
- Provide vendor/supplier purchase orders.
- Provide subcontractor contracts.
- Review vendor/supplier invoices.
- Maintain daily Vision timesheet entries for the team.
- Maintain credit card receipts for the team.
- Complete all required training.
- Attend required company meetings.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Requires 5 years of experience in environmental remediation, construction, and industrial disciplines with experience in project management, business development, and health and safety; and technical educational training in a related field. OSHA 40 Hour Hazwoper and UST Removal Certification is a must. Knowledge of the state of Indiana and environmental regulations and strong computer and verbal/written communication skills are a must. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
This classification requires the use of a personal or company vehicle on company business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.
This classification requires travel to various client locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long-distance drives and air travel may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Environmental regulations, specifically UST regulations and RCRA and CERCLA.
- Construction operations including UST removal, soil excavation, site restoration, and remediation system installation.
- Hazards inherent to the environmental work and related safety measures.
- Bidding and selection of subcontractors to most efficiently complete project.
- Project Management.
- Mentoring staff.
- Client development.
- Performing mathematical calculations.
- Prioritize workload and multitask.
- Document and organize while working on multiple projects.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Work closely and manage others in a team environment.
- Maintain a working relationship with clients.
- Travel to include up two consecutive weeks.