Heavy Equipment Operator
Requires a minimum of three years of earth-moving equipment operation experience. OSHA HAZWOPER (40-hour) certification a plus.
This position is in a construction environment, working around heavy equipment. It requires travel to multiple state client locations, working outdoors in all types of weather, lifting 50-100 lbs.
Responsible for performing various aspects of fieldwork related to:
Remedial Construction – soil excavation/removal; remediation systems installation; demolition; and clean construction. Includes site grading; site capping; underground storage tank (UST) removals and chemical mixing operations.
- Safely operate excavators, dozers, front-end loaders, backhoes, skid steers, etc.
- Load trucks and other job preparation activities; assist others as needed.
- Mobilize to and from project job sites.
- Verify public and private utility locates have been completed and are appropriately marked before performing any work.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in the proper manner; maintain in a clean and good working order after each use.
- Inspect and perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment and vehicles; report broken or damaged equipment to Manager.
- Working on equipment when broken down in the field, shoveling soil cuttings, moving filled drums, saw cutting and working with concrete, and heavy lifting.
- Perform daily record keeping and reporting of time/hours billed and expenses.
- Work safely and within EFS standards on safety practices; maintain safety as a top jobsite priority; report all incidents and/or near misses.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as provided by the company; some activities performed in Level C PPE with respirator.
- Maintain a professional and clean appearance.
- Provide great customer service (be personable, respectful, and helpful to clients).
Environmental Field Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.