Looking for entry-level or experienced candidates. Some construction labor experience and/or OSHA Hazwoper (40-hour) certification a plus.
This position is in a construction environment, working around heavy equipment. It requires travel to multiple state client locations, working outdoors in all types of weather, and lifting 50-100 lbs.
Responsible for learning and performing various aspects of fieldwork related to soil excavation/removal; remediation systems installation; demolition; clean construction. Includes site grading; site capping; underground storage tank (UST) removals, emergency response; and chemical mixing operations.
- Assist Heavy Equipment Operators with field execution of projects.
- Working on equipment when broken down in the field, shoveling soil cuttings, moving filled drums, saw cutting and working with concrete, and heavy lifting.
- Must have a willingness to learn to operate heavy construction equipment to include: skid steer loaders, bulldozers, excavators, front end loaders, backhoes etc.
- Some positions learn to operate a variety of equipment: air monitoring equipment for health and safety, laser, concrete saw, jackhammer, drum vacuum, pressure washer, generator, trash pump, fusion welder, cutting torches, welding equipment, air knife, compressor, forklift, skid steer and attachments, and mini-excavator.
- Assist in loading trucks and other job preparation activities.
- Mobilize to and from project job sites.
- Setup job, complete load lists, and perform on-site work.
- Verify public and private utility locates have been completed and are appropriately marked before performing any work.
- Perform daily record keeping and reporting of time/hours billed and expenses.
- Work safely and within EFS standards on safety practices; maintain safety as a top jobsite priority; report all incidents and/or near misses.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as provided by the company; some activities performed in Level C PPE with respirator.
- Maintain a professional and clean appearance.
- Provide great customer service (be personable, respectful, and helpful to clients).