Requires some rotary auger and/or direct push technology drilling (Geoprobe, Hollow-stem auger, environmental drilling) or related drilling experience (Roto-Sonic, geotechnical drilling). OSHA Hazwoper (40 hour) certification and Class A CDL driver’s license are a plus.
Environmental Drilling (90%)
Direct push technology soil and groundwater sampling; environmental soil sampling; and monitoring well installation.
Geotechnical Drilling (10%)
Hollow-stem auger drilling for geotechnical data collection.
This position is in a construction environment, working around heavy equipment. It requires 50 – 75% travel to multiple state client locations, working outdoors in all types of weather, lifting 50-100 lbs., and is labor intensive.
- Operate rotary auger (CME) and direct push technology (DPT) geoprobes drilling equipment at job sites in a safe and efficient manner.
- Obtain subsurface soil, soil gas, and water samples, and install groundwater monitoring wells using rotary stem auger and DPT equipment.
- Work on equipment when broken down in the field, shovel soil cuttings, move filled drums, saw cutting and work with concrete, and heavy lifting of backfill material.
- Inventory drilling equipment and materials on a monthly basis; order replacements as needed (with manager approval).
- Perform daily maintenance inspections on equipment and preventative maintenance as needed to ensure they are in good/safe working condition for project completion.
- Provide onsite coordination with client in the absence of a Site Supervisor.
Requires some rotary auger and/or direct push technology drilling or related drilling experience. OSHA Hazwoper (40 hour) certification and Class A CDL driver’s license are a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and medical clearance.